Your dinner table will be hot property when you present this cheesy one-pan pizza-inspired dish.
The ingredient of Pizza strata bake recipe
- 9 x 2cm-thick slices day-old sourdough bread
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 green capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup pitted sliced kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup grated pizza cheese
- 100g sliced double-smoked ham
- 150g sliced pepperoni
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 tablespoon finely grated parmesan
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Pizza strata bake recipe
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 7cm-deep, 19cm x 24cm (2.3-litre-capacity) oval ovenproof dish.
- Lightly spread cut sides of bread with sauce. Combine capsicum, onion, tomato, olives and pizza cheese in a bowl. Reserve 1/4 of the mixture and set aside. Layer bread, ham, pepperoni and capsicum mixture upright in prepared dish.
- Whisk eggs, milk, garlic and dried herbs together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over bread mixture.
- Cover with foil. Bake for 50 minutes or until egg is just beginning to set. Remove and discard foil. Sprinkle with reserved capsicum mixture. Bake for a further 20 to 25 minutes or until top is golden and egg is set. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and basil leaves. Serve.
Nutritions of Pizza strata bake recipecalories: 430.678 calories
calories: 21.4 grams fat
calories: 8.4 grams saturated fat
calories: 29.1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 27.9 grams protein
calories: 332 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1084 milligrams sodium