Fresh, flavoursome and healthy, this Japanese classic is simple to make at home.
The ingredient of Chicken yakitori skewers
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sake
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Japanese soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin (rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 6 chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- Ground white pepper, to season
- 2 green onions, trimmed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 6 fresh shiitake mushrooms, halved
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 green onion, extra, thinly sliced diagonally
The instruction how to make Chicken yakitori skewers
- Combine the sake, soy sauce, mirin and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Combine the chicken and half the sauce in a bowl. Season with ground white pepper. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Thread the chicken, green onion and mushrooms alternately onto the skewers. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the skewers to the pan and cook for 6 minutes or until cooked through.
- Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with extra green onion. Serve immediately with the remaining sauce.
Nutritions of Chicken yakitori skewerscalories: 271.265 calories
calories: 12 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 13 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 24 grams protein
calories: 94 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 767.3 milligrams sodium